Intro to AgilityYou and your team mate (canine companion) are coming to foundation class! This is exciting and new for both of you. It is important to be prepared. So please bring the following items:
- A collar or harness with a 6 foot leash. No prong, shock or choke collars are allowed.
- Fresh water and a bowl.
- High value treats – some examples are
- Store bough treats – not dog food
- Cooked meat like beef or chicken breast
- Good shoes for the human like running shoes
A few things to remember
- We are going to train with food so it is important that your dog is not full from dinner. That will be very uncomfortable for your dog and they may not feel like running. Either wait until after class for your dog to have dinner or let your dog just have a small portion.
- We are outdoors so be prepared for rain, heat and bugs.
- All dogs must remain on leash at all times unless instructed by the teacher.
- Dogs are not permitted to relieve themselves on or near the equipment. Please potty your dog near a fence or outside the ring.
- Barking is normal in a first class but if your dog is barking excessively and disturbing the class, please move to a more comfortable location for your dog.